The Paper & Glam Community

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 7     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next
Jodie PH

Reply with quote  #61 
My name is Jodie, and I am the divorced mother of four cats.  I was not able to have the two legged kind, which I believe was God's plan for me.   I believe I was meant to care for my father when he became ill, which was the hardest thing I ever did and also the best thing I ever did.  I would do it again in a heartbeat for one more day with him.  Being there for him, and my family, was where I was supposed to be.  Since his passing I have felt a calling to return to my faith, which I had lost some time ago.  Interesting, my dad never lost his, despite the horrors he endured as a result of Agent Orange Exposure.  The last 11 years of my life have been both stressful and difficult.  If you read the list of the top 20 stressful life experiences, I've had all of them, many simultaneously.  Most recently I had to make the decision to take one of my best friends off of life support.  Yet here I am because I still hear the calling.  That probably sounds stupid, but I can't explain it any differently. 

I am fluent in sarcasm, a heavy metal motor head and certified arctophile.  I love planners, and have had a paper planner for years.  (Tried a Palm Pilot but hated losing data!)  Cooking is one of my favorite things to do, especially when I have family and friends to do it for.  I find knitting to be pure enjoyment and I have become a total yarn snob as a result.  I think there is beauty in everything, and seek to find it.  I love music and the fact it is a language everyone understands.  My tastes in art and literature (as well as music) are well known to be very eclectic.  History fascinates my mind, especially as we seem destined to repeat so much of it.  I find most TV banal, however, The Walking Dead keeps me glued to my seat.  My movie tastes are as eclectic as everything else, and I find the amazing beauty of cats to be hypnotic.  Recently I discovered Adult Coloring and I'm hooked!  Johanna Basford is brilliant!  I am at times wild and crazy, dark and twisty, somewhat broken, and love from the soul.  I'm empathetic, sympathetic, shy, outgoing, smart, funny and a great friend.  Sometimes I forgive, I never forget and will fight to the death for my family. 
By day I work in commercial credit, and by night I love all things paper (planners, books) and creative.  I have four fabulous felines, who I adore.

Favorite Colors: Pink and purple (if they are metallic BONUS!)
Favorite Book: Too many to list, cannot name just one
Least Favorite Book:  Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (I was furious with both of them!)
Favorite Food: Italian and anything chocolate
Favorite Drink: Mint tea, Diet Coke and skinny Red Bull
Favorite Place: By the water (lake, ocean, river - love them all)
Favorite Saying: Dude, seriously?  (Fits any situation!) 
Favorite Movies:  Four Weddings & a Funeral, Nottinghill, Keeping the Faith, The Replacements
bieckerchick

Reply with quote  #62 
Hi all! I am Candace- living in Chesapeake, Virginia. I am an elementary teacher in Currituck, NC but my heart is missing being a librarian.
I am newly married (fairy tale come true) and have 5 new children and a grandson to add to my thre young'uns.. Handsome and I have made a home for our new family and cannot believe that God has blessed us in so many ways. We are thankful everyday.

Color~ blue
Books~ no WAY I can choose one...I read voraciously and from many genres
Food~ breakfast, lunch, dinner, savories and sweets
Sharonr

Reply with quote  #63 
Hi Everyone!
My name is Sharon, I am a Pharmacist and live in Arizona. I am a single mom of a 20 year old daughter who is a sophomore in college. Since my divorce a year ago, I have began changing my life and re-focusing on my relationship with God. I adore Lisamarie and her Paper and Glam videos, etc and when I discovered God and Glam was thrilled at the perfect fit.

I am of course a planner girl, a scrapbooker, a reader, and a seasonal living gal! I look so forward to getting to know all of you and taking this spiritual journey with you.

Sharon
Xenia

Reply with quote  #64 
DSC_5848-Edit.jpg 

Hello everyone.  My name is Xenia Cecilia Allen and my first name is pronounced sane-ya, not zeen-ya.  I am from Panama in Central America, but I came to the US when I was a little girl and grew up in New York.  Both of my parents were born and raised there, so they speak Spanish. Currently, I work as payroll administrator for a local private college.  After more than 25 years I returned to college and earned my Bachelor of Science degree in Cultural Studies last May from the State University of New York.  On January 19th, I begin my second semester of graduate school where I am focusing on the Divine Feminine to earn a Master of Arts in Liberal Studies degree.  Once I earn my Masters I hope to teach on the college level.

I have not been married yet (too picky).  I don't have any children either.  I own my own house that I love decorating.  My decorating style of bohemian, but with some elements of shabby chic thrown in.  I used to be strictly into shabby chic, but after a few years I could take all that white in every room anymore, so I am in the midst of transitioning my decor to my own bohemian style which is much warmer.  I found that I am a lot more bohemian than shabby chic.  I am a paper and writing addict.  I am also addicted to reading and in my home, I have my own library room.  I don't have any pets because I would rather have plants all over my house.  My Mom always had lots of plants in the home so I cannot be in a home without lots of plants.  Mom still has plants that are so old and in huge pots.

I grew up as a Baptist but attended a Lutheran church for several years in my teens.  When I was 18 I read the Bible from cover to cover in one week.  I found it fascinating and just could not put it down.  After that experience, I read the Bible every year for Lent.  I did that for about 10 years.  During that time, I attended Catholic Church services and was a member of an Episcopal Church for about 3 years.  All through my twenties, I was searching for my spiritual path.  I was hungry for it and I did find it after reading a set of books titled Life & Teaching of the Masters of the Far East in my late twenties.  At that time, I also discovered Unity Church which I love.

I have always found that I cannot live life without that spiritual component in my life.  It must always be there or else nothing makes any sense.   It brings me complete joy and happiness.  I also have such a profound love for Emanuel, Jesus the Christ.

Favoites:

Color: Hot pink
Book:  Too many to list but some are the Harry Potter books, Persuasin by Jane Austen, North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell.   
Foods:  Spanish, West Indian, Indian.  Spicy and hot is great.
Hobbies: Reading, writing in my journal, blogging, art journaling, interior decorating, planning, watching old classic movies,

Living well, for me, includes healthy living.  I am vegan now after many years of being a vegetarian.  I also use all natural skincare and makeup.  I just transitined over to using natural plant based laundry detergent too that I get from Etsy and also Vitacost.com.  I am almost fanatical about not putting anything in or on my body that has chemicals.

missylee77

Reply with quote  #65 

Hello community!!

My name is Melissa. I hail from a small rural town nestled in the hills of eastern Kentucky. I am a Family Nurse Practitioner working in a busy pediatric office. I am about to start the doctorate in nursing practice program on Jan 4th (eek!!). I was born and raised in a Christian household. I attended Sunday school and church with my grandparents in a small country church that once served as the community's one room school house. I have been married to my best friend for 5 years. I can not wait to partake in this amazing journey with such a great group of individuals.

Favorites:
Color - pink and blue
Book - Way too many to list here, but the Harry Potter series, Gone With the Wind, and Jane Eyre
Foods - Italian and Chinese
Hobbies - Reading and planning to name a few

12239889_10153220160792997_1567107601982076554_n.jpg 

Katrina Gaisford

Reply with quote  #66 
Hello!
I am Katrina Gaisford and I live in St.Paul Minnesota. I work as a C Print Captionist for deaf and hard of hearing students (I type all day) and as a professional photographer. My husband and I have been together for six years. I was raised demo birth to high school in a first United Methodist church in Missoula Montana, which I loved. I had one boyfriend who was of a different faith and I was lost for a while. Over the past 5 years I have been coming back to my roots and am currently, albeit slowly looking for a new church home.

Color: I don't have a favorite!
Book: also can't choose just one, I'm a live commentator on the P&G book club where I have shared many favorites. I do love me a good John Grisham book for very relaxed fun reading.
Food: Carbs!
Hobbies: boxing, lifting, reading

Attached Images
jpeg image.jpeg (212.56 KB, 3 views)

AmyLynn115

Reply with quote  #67 
Hello P&G Family/God & Glam Family,

My name is Amy and I've been following P&G for exactly one year now.  I'm so happy that I found this group!  I am 37 yrs old and live about 60 miles SW of Chicago with my dog, Lucy.    I teach K-8 Special Ed in a small, rural school district.  My passion and purpose has always been working with children but 2014-15 proved to be a challenging year, both personally and professionally.  Recently, I've been able to spend some time reflecting and re-evaluating things in my life.  I would like to strengthen my faith, as I am what you refer to as a "baby Christian."  My goal is to live each day with intention and purpose.  I'm really looking forward for the new year and connecting with the God & Glam group.

Favorites:
Color - "Tiffany" Blue
Book - Mostly children's books but recently joined the P&G book club to ignite my passion for reading! (It's been a long time since I read as a hobby)
Food - Steak
Hobby - Seasonal living, planning, make-up/fashion, & a true "Bravoholic" that loves cheesy reality shows.

Wishing all of you a Happy New Year! 

10393852_10204733439431719_2460564068972182875_n.jpg    

{My little cousins}

Jessicasalupo7

Reply with quote  #68 
Hello everyone!! My name is Jessica, I'm 31 years old and am currently a stay at home mom to four wonderful children ages 14, 11, 6, and 4. I am also a full time college student. My goal is to graduate with my associates in nursing by 2018. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for almost 8 years now. I am so thankful to have found this group. I have been spending a lot of time over the past year re-evaluating my goals in life and where I am going. During that time I have re-newed my faith and relationship with God and it's stronger than ever. I look forward to growing even closer to God and getting to know you all. 

Color: Aqua Blue

Book: Eat. Pray. Love by: Elizabeth Gilbert

Foods: Pizza and Chocolate 

Hobbies: Gym, Reading, Movies, and Planning 

IMG_1496.JPG

twebb0625

Reply with quote  #69 
Hi all!

My name is Tara Webb and I live in Pennsylvania.  I was born in Kentucky though and will always consider myself a Southern Gal.  I am a single Mom of one boy and trying to make changes in my life for the better.  I don't have my book yet so I will be catching up - seems to be my daily mantra "catching up".  

I have never truly felt a connection with God.  I grew up in a coal mining town in Kentucky and we went to Church every Sunday and Bible Study every Wednesday evening.  Once my parents moved us to Maryland, we did not return to Church.  As an adult, I accepted a life with my now ex-husband (we have been separated/divorced for years) and he also was not a church-goer.  I am hoping that I can get back on track with God and find peace and happiness within him.  More importantly, I want a relationship with God.       

Colors: purple
Book(s): I love sci-fi books 
Food(s): Pizza
Hobbies: Learning how to use my Cameo to make planner stickers, planning (though I don't seem to get anything done)

Reply with quote  #70 

My name is Lucy. I live in So. California. I'm a 51 year old wife and mom to 3 daughters, 1 grandson, and 1 granddaughter. My husband and I have a specialty contracting business, and I work from home. I love running, traveling, wine tasting, and tending to my home vineyard. I host a weekly women's bible in my home, and I love having people over. I'm looking forward to reading this book "together", and learning from all of you. Blessings! ♥ 

surf city sjogerns.jpg 

Lolyta

Reply with quote  #71 
Hi Paper and Glam Family! I am from Panama; I am 37 years old; I am single, and I am an English teacher at the university level. I love spending time with my family, my friends and my students! I have always had a good relationship with our Lord, but I am eager to get closer to Him and read and learn from His Word. My intention is to read the whole Bible this year; I have always wanted to do it but I have never succeeded (because of working and studying at the same time), and I think this is the perfect time to do it!! I love reading Christian, inspiring and motivational books.  I always try to tell my friends and my students the importance of having God in our lives. I love painting and crafting, planning, listening to music, dancing, writing, reading! My students and I have a Reading Club which is one year already, and I am planning ways to make it even better this year! I love nature, walking, taking pictures, going to the movies, and I love creating new activitiess in class! This year I want to start doing exercise and skate, spend more quiet time with God and learn and share in this amazing community!! I just bought "Savor," so I am ready to start!!!! Happy New year, infinite blessings and hugs from Panama!!! [smile]

Favorite Song: Oceans by Hillsong
Favorite music: Christian, romantic, salsa!
Favorite Movies: Romantic comedies, action
Favote food: Italian, sushi and sweets (trying to cut down on them though! [wink] )
Favorite books or genres: Soooooooo many! Let's just mention classics, fiction, nonfiction and of course Christian books (I am totally into them right now!)

IMG_0402.JPG 

captainswife

Reply with quote  #72 
Hello God and Glam sisters!!

My name is Tracy.  I'm a 44 year old wife and mother living in southern Colorado.  I home school my 13 year old daughter, this is both challenging and rewarding, depending on the hour.  :-)
I enjoy planning, organizing, reading, swimming, and travel just to name a few.  My new passion is cooking. 
     My walk with God has been lax at times.  I'm looking forward to a renewed relationship with Him.

God's blessings to you all........
Janet

Reply with quote  #73 
HELLO from Sunny Florida!  My name is Janet and  am so excited to be a part of this community!!! **Thank you Lisa!!!**
Favorite Season: Spring
Favorite color: Purple
Favorite Scent: Orange Blossoms
Favorite Christian Artist: Moriah Peters
Trina10

Reply with quote  #74 
My name is: Katrina Thaxton

I live in: Hackensack, NJ

I'm hoping to reconnect back with God. Since it seems like I keep doing things my own way and its not working, so now it's time to let God have his hand on my life. And I know being in this group with you lovely ladies will help all of us to get closer to God and to each other. 

me.jpg 

Reply with quote  #75 

Hello All!

It seems I am a little late to this party (I just found out about it via YouTube from Lisamarie. 
I am happy that I found this bible study group because I want to spend this 2016 growing closer to God. This year is a big year for me because I'm starting nursing school and now more than ever I feel like I am being called to God. I just need some help getting there. 

Favorites:
Color - Pink
Book - Anything Stephen King [smile] 
Food - Sushi
Hobby - Planning, Running, Cooking with my Hubby, & Being a Nursing Student 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!